Martín Pirillo is the managing member of the Firm. He has become a leader in the field of international financial entities, banks, financing and factoring companies, and a distinguished attorney among securities broker-dealer firms, investment advisers, private fund sponsors, real estate developers, start-ups and growing enterprises entering growth equity or financing transactions. Clients trust him as a service partner for their high-stake business deals, and also with their personal transactions in tough issues and projects.
Martín has over 21 years of experience successfully handling complex issues in the areas of corporate structuring, consumer lending, banking and corporate finance, international commercial and finance transactions, real estate, and securities matters. He regularly assists clients with the development of corporate structures, transactional strategy and risk assessment, ensuring that all of these and applicable law work together for client’s protection.
Martín served early in his career as a law clerk in the Puerto Rico Court of Appeals. He was also appointed Senior Legal Counsel for several Citigroup entities in Puerto Rico. Martín also previously participated in numerous securities offering transactions, including the creation of the first largest investment company complex in Puerto Rico.
He is well known for his pragmatic and hands-on approach to business counseling, providing not only comprehensive legal advice, but also acting as strategic advisor on transactions and on day-to-day situations. Martín’s extensive experience helping businesses and financial enterprises have proven to add value as a business partner to assist clients in accomplishing their objectives in a cost-efficient manner.
- Created multiple international financial entities under Act 273-2012, successfully negotiating rulings and waivers requested by the clients.
- Participated in numerous securities transactions, including the initial creation of the largest investment company complex in Puerto Rico.
- Principal legal mentor in Puerto Rico for the first international financial entity engaged in services related to cryptocurrency, and served as secretary of the entity’s board.
- Successfully negotiated a 100-year lease with the Government of Puerto Rico for a 500 acres condo hotel development.
- Negotiated, performed due diligence and advised on the acquisition and/or disposition of several international financial entities and finance companies.
- Represented real estate developers and hospitality companies in property acquisitions, including sophisticated notarial work.
- University of Puerto Rico, B.A with a concentration in Finance.
- Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, J.D.
- Puerto Rico State Bar.
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
- Notary Public.