JOSE E. NASSAR VEGLIO
Jose E. Nassar is a member of the firm with over 21 years of experience in litigation practice related to commercial transactions, collection claims, bankruptcy and other civil matters in local and federal courts, as well as in administrative agencies. Jose’s litigation experience extends to medical malpractice matters, construction defects and other tort related cases. He has achieved success for his clients at all stages of litigation, including motion practice and trials. Moreover, Jose has been instrumental to several renowned financial institutions, investors in foreclosures and other corporate litigations, obtaining higher-than-expected favorable results and as a highly skilled settlement negotiator. Jose has also represented developers in compliance and administrative regulation matters related to construction and planned developments. Additionally, Jose has spent a large portion of his career in appellate practice, managing appeals and Supreme Court cases and attending to numerous client needs.
Jose also has an extensive notary practice, mainly focusing on judicial sales, real estate dealings and closings. He has played a crucial role in assisting financial institutions to recuperate losses by materializing numerous real estates owned (REO) property sales on their behalf. Additionally, he has spent the last 10 years leading real estate and commercial transactions assisting clients to achieve personal and commercial asset and financial goals.
During the 12 years prior to joining Pirillo Law, Jose served as a partner for a renowned local law firm, attending to the firm’s legal administrative matters as well as to clients’ needs in a variety of issues concerning copyright and commercial litigation, corporate structuring, real estate assessment and business transactions.
- Excellent track record favorably settling highly complex litigation matters.
- Exceptional reputation of obtaining favorable results for clients in cases with probable adverse results at both, federal and state level.
- Extensive practice in state administrative litigation for local financial institutions.
- Successfully represented a client in a multimillion copyright claim, which resulted in a favorable non-payment settlement for the client.
- Obtained successful results in complex construction litigation involving over 10 parties that extended through a 15-year period, achieving dismissal in favor of client.
- Successfully settled medical malpractice lawsuits involving numerous expert witnesses and related to uncommon physical damages.
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, Bachelor of Science in International Relations, Latin America
- Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, Puerto Rico, Juris Doctor
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico District Court.
- United States Federal Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
- United States Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit.
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
- Notary Public.