EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE MATTER
REAL ESTATE PRACTICE
Our Firm advises clients on the full array of complex issues throughout the real estate industry, working with clients to evaluate, develop and implement their real estate development goals. Our team has extensive experience in assisting developers through all aspects of development, from property acquisition, due diligence, financing, development and construction, all through closings for the sale of the projects, including related complex notarial work. We also advise on how to raise capital in compliance with securities laws.
Having previously worked in-house with banks and lenders, as well as with a healthy commercial lender client base, our attorneys have a distinct background and understanding of the real estate transactional practice, increasing value for our developers’ clients. We currently represent a wide variety of real estate clients, including developers, lenders, sponsors of private equity and syndicated transactions, and other corporate organizations acting as landlords or tenants; matters of real estate finance; and the development and acquisition of office buildings, hotels, resorts, and low-income housing.
SOME OF OUR REAL ESTATE SPECIALTY AREAS AND SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Due diligence, title clearing, lien release, and negotiation of title insurance.
- Advise as to zoning, permitting issues, and property taxes.
- Assist in every step of acquisition, financing, development, leasing, selling and closing processes, in different asset types, including commercial and residential housing spaces, and hospitality industry.
- Preparation and execution of notarial deeds in relation to real estate transactions, such as purchases and sales, easements, mortgages, leases, cancellation of property encumbrances, horizontal property regime, among others.
- Advise on the capital raising process and structure based on client’s goals.
- Real estate litigation; real estate workouts and restructurings (in and out of bankruptcy).
- Successfully negotiated a 100-year lease with the Government of Puerto Rico for a 500 acres condo hotel development.
- Assisted developer in the structuring, financing, investigating and completing the acquisition of apartment buildings with complex issues involving bankruptcy proceedings, extensive estate and succession matters, and federal and state government tax liens.