GORMAN A. HATCHER
Gorman Hatcher, an associate of the Firm, represents clients in Puerto Rico State Court, Puerto Rico Court of Appeals, Federal District Court, U.S. Court of Appeals and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. He regularly assists clients with state and federal litigation matters in regular lawsuits involving torts, breaches of contracts, and creditor’s rights. He also represents banking entities, international financial entities, real estate developers, securities broker-dealer firms, investment advisers, private funds, real estate developers, real estate managers, start-ups and growing enterprises.
Gorman is experienced in state and federal litigation in the areas of mortgage foreclosure, collection of money, environmental issues and Torts. His areas of practice include highly regulated areas with complex regulations and compliance requirements, such as mortgage foreclosures, banking, evictions, real estate, mortgage closings and bankruptcy. Gorman also handles matters pertaining to Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices, contract review, consumer protection laws, and handles government backed loans, and government sponsored enterprises such as HUD, VA, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac.
Prior to joining the firm, Gorman was a Foreclosure Attorney for a firm in which he represented banks, loan servicers, private investors and creditors taking legal actions against clients with delinquent payments, correcting title issues and title policy claims. He also served as Notary for real estate closings, deed-in-lieu, mortgage modifications, partial claims, among others. He is also experienced in legislation analysis, has drafted bills and legislative reports for legal groups in Puerto Rico, for submission to the Puerto Rico Legislature.
Gorman is known for being pensive, attentive to details, and providing complete and comprehensive legal advice. His focus is to keep his clients’ interests first and takes pride in fulfilling their needs, pursuing meaningful solutions to their litigation matters. He also thrives in providing excellent services that go beyond presenting conflict solutions, thus assisting in serving the clients’ endeavors and helping them succeed.
Gorman is also active in environmental matters, such as prevention of deforestation programs and an animal rights activist. He is also a leader in equestrian sports, having led the Puerto Rican Equestrian Federation Technical Committee.
- Performed due diligence, title clearing, lien release, and judicial sales.
- Represented creditors in foreclosure services that ranged from proper examination of demand letters, commencement of judicial foreclosures, serving as liaison regarding loss mitigation processes, seeking judgment, coordinating judicial sales, and finalizing the eviction process.
- Represented financial institution in Puerto Rico Court of Appeals.
- Preparation and execution of notarial deeds in relation to real estate transactions, such as purchase and sale, mortgages, partial claims, mortgage modifications, among others.
- Assisted in the litigation of bankruptcy proceedings representing financial institutions in Chapter 7 and 13 adversary proceedings in the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, and in the United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit.
- Assisted in the litigation of bankruptcy proceedings representing corporate debtors in Chapter 11 adversary proceedings in the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico and in the United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit.
- Assisted in the litigation of bankruptcy discrimination proceedings representing corporate debtor against the Small Business Administration involving the Cares Act Payment Protection Program distribution.
- Assisted banking institution with compliance issues that emerged from the application of local laws and regulations to their automated processes.
- Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, J.D.
- Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, Metro Campus – B.A. in Political Sciences
- Puerto Rico State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- Unites States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Notary Public