Miled Forestier is a senior associate of the Firm. She represents international financial entities, banking entities, securities broker-dealer firms, investment advisers, private funds, real estate developers, real estate managers, start-ups and growing enterprises.
Miled is vastly experienced in state and federal litigation in the areas of mortgage foreclosure, collection of money and Torts. Her areas of practice include highly regulated areas with complex regulations and compliance requirements, such as mortgage foreclosures, banking, evictions, REO disposition, real estate and mortgage closings. Miled also handles matters pertaining to Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices, contract review, consumer protection laws, and expertise handling government backed loans, and government sponsored enterprises such as HUD, VA, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac.
Prior to joining the firm, Miled was a Foreclosure Attorney for a firm in which she represented banks, loan servicers, private investors and creditors taking legal actions against clients with delinquent payments, correcting title issues and title policy claims. She also served as Notary for real estate closings, deed-in-lieu, mortgage modifications, partial claims, among others.
Miled is known for being insightful, attentive to details, and providing cost-effective and comprehensive legal advice. She takes pride in being percipient of the needs of the clients, pursuing meaningful business relationships and providing excellent services that go beyond presenting legal solutions, thus assisting in serving the clients’ endeavors and helping them succeed.
- Performed due diligence, title clearing, lien release, and negotiation of HOA dues in real estate transactions.
- Represented creditors in foreclosure services that ranged from proper examination of demand letters, commencement of judicial foreclosures, serving as liaison regarding loss mitigation processes, seeking judgment, appearing in mediations, coordinating judicial sales and finalizing the eviction process.
- Preparation and execution of notarial deeds in relation to real estate transactions, such as purchase and sale, mortgages, partial claims, mortgage modifications, among others.
- Assisted in the litigation of a purported class action suit against various creditors in the United States and Puerto Rico, filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico and subsequent Appeal in the Court of Appeals, First Circuit.
- Represented the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) as Receiver of a failed banking institution in foreclosure actions. Assisted with the title issues that arose from the Receivership, as well as litigations regarding litigious credit redemptions, among others.
- Assisted clients with compliance issues that emerged from of the application of local laws and regulations to their automated processes.
- Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, J.D.
- University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus – B.B.A in Human Resources Management.
- Puerto Rico State Bar.
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
- Notary Public.